Oman Block 36 Well Results

Oslo, 24 May 2016 - DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, announced today the Hayah-1 exploration well in Oman's onshore Block 36 failed to encounter hydrocarbons other than minor gas shows and will be plugged and abandoned.

The well, drilled in the Rub al-Khali basin in the southwestern part of the country, reached a total depth of 3,010 meters and penetrated the three target reservoirs, of which two had good reservoir quality.

DNO will incorporate the Hayah-1 well information into further evaluation of the block.

DNO operates Block 36 with a 75 percent operated interest; Allied Petroleum Exploration Inc. (APEX) holds the remaining 25 percent.


For further information, please contact:
Tel: +47 911 57 197


DNO ASA is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East and North Africa. Founded in 1971 and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, the company holds stakes in onshore and offshore licenses at various stages of exploration, development and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Yemen, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Tunisia and Somaliland.


This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.